Safe and SoundOn November 18, 2021 by TheBoard
To help keep your home, as well as the buildings and grounds safe and in working order, here are a few tips and reminders:
- Create an emergency plan for your home with escape routes in case of fire.
- Keep bones, paper towels, diapers, and kitchen grease out of garbage disposables. They can clog pipes and cause plumbing problems in your or your neighbor’s unit.
- Clean out your dryer’s lint catcher after each use.
- Check for any loose outlets where the cord falls out easily.
- Use electric space heaters with modern safety features. Do not use heaters that burn oil or kerosene.
- Don’t use barbecues or other outdoor appliances inside.
- Always keep anything flammable away from space heaters and wall units.
~ Peter Miller